In honor of national Doughnut Day this past week we though it would be so fun to teach you how to make your own donuts!
Once you’ve learned how to make basic donuts you can customize them in almost every possible way. While it seems that these perfectly sweet treats are best left to the professionals, you can actually recreate them pretty easily in your very own kitchen!
All it takes is some patience, a little precision and some persistence. And to be completely honest, the first time we tested this recipe at Online Chic we liked these donuts way more than any we’ve had at Dunkin Donuts or Crispy Creme.
We hope these donuts turn out as well for you as they did for us. These donuts are baked and not fried like regular donuts so you will be saving lots of calories as well!
2.5 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 cup of milk
1 egg that’s been beaten
1/4 cup of melted butter that’s been cooled
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- In a large bowl mix together all purpose flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix them with a fork or whisk until they have been well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl mix together the egg, melted butter, vanilla, and milk. Now make a well in the middle of your flour mixture and pour the wet ingredients into the well.
- Mix the ingredients together but take care not to over mix. Refrigerate your batter for the best results.
- Now grease your doughnut pan and preheat your oven to 350. Fill each doughnut hole in the pan with batter until it is half full. Bake for 15 – 17 minutes. You can always use a toothpick to see if your donuts have cooked all the way to the center.
- Once your donuts have cooked place them on a cooling rack until they have cooled completely.
- Then comes the fun part! You can top your donuts any way you want! We love topping ours with homemade vanilla and strawberry glazes, fresh cut up strawberries, and blueberries. You can also use Oreo cookies, cereals, and almost anything you find appealing.
Let us know how your donuts turned out!